Journalism & Broadcasting Supervisor
• Reports to: Digital Media & Communications Team Lead
• Department: Workforce Development Programs
• Type: Seasonal, full-time, non-exempt
The Journalism & Broadcasting Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of youth employees in reporting on events in the summer program. The team will write articles and gain experience as reporters. The supervisor will introduce the youth employees to concepts in broadcasting and investigative journalism.
Essential Job Functions:
• Maintain a safe and secure working environment for youth.
• Review/complete daily production reports.
• Conduct daily inventory and inspection of equipment or materials used prior to and upon conclusion of tasks.
• Serve as a mentor to youth participants.
• Develop youth writing competencies and style; including the utilization of word processors and general research.
• Teach youth broadcasting basics.
• Proofread for spelling, grammar and layout on all written communication making appropriate changes when necessary. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final products.
• Work with the videography supervisor to produce a video that will be shown at the end of event celebration.
Education • Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university in journalism, broadcasting, education, English, public relations or related areas of study. Requirements
• Must be able to work the entire length of the program including training and youth orientation.
• Excellent interpersonal skills capable of relating well to people of varied backgrounds and education levels in a courteous and professional manner.
• At least one of year of verifiable experience as a professional working directly in the media, community-based arts organization, or public school system environment.
• Highly organized, with a positive attitude and capacity for completing required administrative tasks, assignments, lessons, procedures and documents in a timely manner is a must.
• Must have eligibility to work and remain in the U.S. without sponsorship.
• Must pass a background BCI/FBI check as a condition of employment.
We can import your LinkedIn details and create a resume file for you. It only takes a few seconds!
We have imported your LinkedIn details and created a resume file. Review and edit this information below.
Note : All fields are required.